ACCA: Live blog The Budget
The UK Budget stands out on almost every PR calendar as an essential news hijacking opportunity. So how did the ACCA ensure that its messages made an impact on what is arguably the noisiest communications day of the year, reaching an audience of over 43 million?
Our fully integrated PR campaign gave our target media something they didn’t have themselves – a live expert blog. We trailed pre-budget analysis, secured spokespeople interviews and published real-time response to ensure that not only were we being helpful to our audience but we were talking directly to end users via an open and informative conversation platform.
- The ACCA live blog appeared on 35 regional websites
- ACCA contributed to a further eight regional website blogs
- The live blog was highlighted as a “Budget blog to watch” by The Guardian and The Scotsman
- The head of taxation was interviewed live by Sky News Radio and his comments were syndicated across all 350 stations within network
- The ACCA blog received a 900% uplift in traffic on the day of the Budget, particularly impressive because the majority of views of the blogging module happened on the regional papers websites